Adding rich web contents to your site is a must to secure good position in the search engine result pages. There are many ways to enrich the contents of a website. Knowing how to use infographics for SEO is very important to gain SEO success in the competitive world of search engine optimization.
What are infographics?
Content related information, details or data represented with graphic visuals are called information graphics or infographics. Infographics are used these days to characterize complex information such as signs, maps, technical writings and many more with simplicity and effectiveness. Gaining prominent position in SERPS (Search Engine Result Pages) will be much easier if you know how to use infographics for SEO.
Why should we know how to use infographics for SEO?
- Infographics are fun and interactive; they are a relief from ordinary looking web contents.
- A large amount of data can be easily interpreted in an engaging way if you know how to use infographics for SEO.
- They have long lasting effects on the user’s mind and there is a lot of possibility that the user will revisit and recommend the site.
When and how much infographics should replace the standard text copy?
Most of the information or data that looks relatively unamusing and wearisome in plain text can get visual appeal if they are presented with infographics.
How to use infographics for SEO
Normally images have a lower SEO impact than text contents. Then why should use infographics for SEO? Using infographics for their link baiting potential is one of the the key reasons why you should opt for infographics.
Now here are some tips on how to use infographics for SEO,
- Getting the link credit by hosting the infographics on your domain.
- To get the maximum attention from designers and other potential enthusiastic people, try submitting your infographics presentation to several data visualization directories.
- Using infographics is a good strategy as they do not get affected by search engine algorithm updates.
- The dazzling images among the plain texts attract the attention of the social media users and they stimulate the intension of sharing the contents more.
- Getting advantages of image directories such as Flickr to host the infographics with a link to your website is another great example of the benefits of using infographics.
How to create great infographics
Creating the infographics all by yourself is great but very time consuming. To get instant and nice infographics, there are lots of webtools out there to choose from. Some frequently used infographics generator tools are,
- Wordle – for making word clouds
- Google public data explorer – this is the public version of the Google’s very own data explorer. Make your infographics, compare them and embed them on your websites.
- Hohli – has customizable infographics templates, has direct social media sharing options.
- Many eyes – upload your details to this site and start designing your own visualization for them. This site has a wide variety of customizable infographics templates.
- Visual.ly – a new tool still in beta phase but very user friendly and good for simplistic infographics.