Unlike other websites, building an eCommerce site is a tough task mostly because it requires a lot of strategic planning ahead of it. Apart from picking an apt domain name, reliable hosting and a website builder, you also need to determine what products you want to sell, their pricing, cost of shipping and set up payments. Thus, with a plethora of decisions to take, you are bound to make a couple of mistakes.
The below infographic highlights the 19 common eCommerce mistakes that business owners make and how to avoid them. Plus, you can download a free PDF of this guide and use it as a reference when you are about to launch a new eCommerce website or to optimize your existing eCommerce site.
Now, before we take a look at the infographic, here are top 10 eCommerce mistakes that you need to avoid.
- Picking a Domain Name that is too long or difficult to spell.
- Not investing in SEO to optimize your website.
- Lack of in-depth research about your niche market.
- Not testing your site’s page speed and download time.
- Having a non-mobile-friendly website design.
- Not creating an About Us page for your eCommerce website.
- Lack of an actionable content marketing strategy.
- Not setting up effective communication channels to deal with customer queries and complaints.
- Ignoring social media platforms and influencer marketing.
- Not determining shipping costs and other features like delivery of products etc, in advance.
These mistakes if not tackled in an effective manner before the launch of an online store could hamper the growth of your online business, resulting in a huge loss of revenue. Thus, to avoid this scenario, take a look at this eCommerce mistakes infographic and steer clear from these common mistakes in order to build a successful eCommerce website.
19 Mistakes To Avoid When Launching An eCommerce Website [Infographic] by the team at Hostingclues.com