Did you know that by using search queries you can improve your site? Some people do not know this, however search queries can be quite a great tool to help you improve the quality of your site. Before your site actually appears as one of the top on Google list the search queries done by Google follow a couple of steps. These steps being:
- Ranking and search appearance
- Page content
Through this video, Maile Ohye will help you understand how the steps above listed actually work. After you have a great grasp on them Maile Ohye will also have the viewer get to understand the terms used on webmaster tools, that way the user will be able to get the best of these very useful online tools.
Before you start with your own search queries it is nice to have a few things in mind such as:
- What are the goals of your website or business? What do you want to have people see?
- What groups are you targeting?
- Where are they located?
- What devices do they use?
- What is the user objective?
- Are their objective aligned to what your business offers?
- Do their query terms match your business?
By answering the questions above previously you will be able to perform a much better query. Once you have your query performed you will be able to answer a second batch of questions:
- Are these the queries I expected to get?
- Does it seem clicks would be rated as qualified traffic?
- Can my page be optimized by this query?
Therefore watch this interesting video and learn about how search queries will be able to help you improve how your site is displayed on Google. After a while you will even be able to perform much more sophisticated queries to improve your site and take it to the next level.
Video: Using Search Queries to improve your site
(YouTube Release: February, 2013)