Google is one of the main online search engines out there on the web. Google accounts for about 70 percent of the total clicks for search engine clicks on the internet.
Google AdWords is a revolution in online advertising. Thousands of people search for information all the time and nothing is charged until a user clicks the advertisement for the website. This is a good way of boosting business by testing to optimize ad campaigns and becoming familiar with the jargon used in AdWords.
Some Google Words – Good to know:
Google adwords are very in Jargon and are good to know and keep at one’s fingertips.
- Ad position: This refers to where an AD is placed on the results page of a Google search where #1 is the top of the page.
- Bid price: This is the maximum amount that a advertiser is willing to pay for each click.
- Call to action: These are the directions within an advertisement for the user.
- Campaign cloning: A process developed for testing under circumstances that are controlled as to yield the highest success odds before going ahead and cloning those efforts into other areas of AdWords.
- Conversion: This is a an action that is desired by a visitor of the website. The tasks could include signing up for a mailing list, product buying, making calls to a phone number or file downloading.
- CPC (cost per click): This is the amount an advertiser is charged per click. The rate may vary depending on the demand of a keyword.
- CTR (click-through rate): This is the number of clicks received by an ad divided by the number of impressions. The higher the rating, the better it is considered by Google
- Display network: These refer to the forums, websites or blogs which are not owned by Google but have Google AdWords advertisements.
- Impression: This refers to the display of the advertisement on a website .
- Interruption Marketing: This is a term that is referred to while the Display network is discussed and while although a person was not actually looking for a solution but is reading one up.
- Landing page: This is the first page that a visitor is directed to after an advertisement is clicked. This is generally the most appealing page.
- Permission Marketing: This is a term that is referred to while the Display network is discussed and somebody is actually looking for a solution.
- PPC (pay per click): This is the advertising model that advertisers are charged for every click that is made on the advertisement.
- Split test: This is the test that divides traffic randomly between 2 or more approaches such as advertisement, email, website, etc. and checks to see which generates the most conversions.
- Search network: This is the online network that people go to when they need to look up a solution to a problem.
- Traffic: This is the volume of the number of visitors to the website.
- Visitor value: This is the value that is calculated to find out the worth of every visitor to the website.
Google has designed this whole new system of marketing on the internet which is designed to make sellers and buyers meet. This is now referred to as Google AdWords.